Yoga Therapy College
Pima Community College
Office Hours: Mon-Thurs 8am to 7pm, Fri 8am to 5pm, Registration (520) 206-6468
Is Yoga Your Lifestyle Choice? Make it Your Carreer!
This national certification will allow you to discover Yoga as a healing art and will support you in developing skills that allow you to teach students in a variety of settings.
Consider RYT 200 and 300 Yoga Alliance Certification
When you fully appreciate the physical and spiritual benefits of yoga, it's natural to become inspired to share your enthusiasm for the practice with other people. From students who are first starting out in yoga practice to yoginis/yogis who have been practicing for many years, you can touch many people in Tucson and beyond by getting certified in yoga instruction at YOGA THERAPY COLLEGE.
Once you've become a yoga teacher, you can further your knowledge by attending any of our advanced yoga therapy workshops and trainings including our RYT 500 hour certification. At YOGA THERAPY COLLEGE, we believe in staying up to date with the most current therapeutic techniques and methods.
● PIMA West Campus, SPRING SEMESTER 2018, 300-hour Advanced Certification: This program provides students with the knowledge and understanding of working with both therapeutic groups and private individuals in a variety of settings. Upon successful completion, students will receive a 300-hour Advance Teacher Certificate and may apply through Yoga Alliance for the 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher. This program provides a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of teaching yoga with a therapeutic approach. Program fee: $4,495. Early Bird Discount of $500 if paid in full by December 21, 2017. Payment Plan Available. See details
● PIMA West Campus, FALL SEMESTER 2018, 200-hour Integrative Yoga Therapy (IYT) Certification. This program provides a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of teaching yoga with a therapeutic approach. Upon successful completion, students may apply to Yoga Alliance for the 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) designation. Program fee: $2,995, includes required textbooks. Early Bird Discount of $500 if paid in full by August 1, 2018. Payment Plan Available.
Main Focus Areas of the Teacher Training Program
• Individualized Teaching and Learning
Develop your Yoga teaching as part of your own unique life vision and mission. The Integrative Yoga Teacher Training Program is based in the vision of Yoga Therapy. We focus on an individualized approach with the understanding that the needs of students are unique. We believe that each Yoga teacher should receive comprehensive and in-depth instruction in the wider vision of Yoga as well as detailed experiential instruction/practice in the tools and techniques of Yoga. With this foundation, each teacher is given a range of possibilities for the creative teaching of Yoga from which they can evolve their own vision of the teaching process.
• Experiential Approach to Education
Learn all the key concepts of teaching such as class design, sequencing, pacing, use of voice and instructions, and hands-on adjustments in a concise and clear format that is creative, comprehensive and interesting.
• Take Your Teaching Beyond the Yoga Classroom
Learn to teach Yoga classes for specific focus groups such as medical settings, education, recovery and business as well as Yoga classes for the general public.
• A Multidimensional Approach to Yoga Postures
Learn to teach asana through the Integrative Posture Principles. These principles facilitate a precise and in-depth understanding of how asanas work at physical, energetic, emotional, and spiritual levels, and how to modify them for individual needs.
• Understand Health and Illness
Learn the nature of health and illness from the Yoga perspective. Understand the role of stress in health and illness as well as the specific ways in which Yoga manages stress.
• Interactive Psychology and Philosophy of Yoga
Learn the main aspects of the psychology and philosophy of Yoga in a way that is clear, well organized and can be integrated into your teaching and daily life. This study includes Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, Texts of Hatha Yoga and The Five Kosha Model.
• Creative, Student Centered Education
Learn to teach Yoga classes that are exceptional and creative, that develop a theme from start to finish; classes that involve your student at every level of their being and leave them with the complete experience of integration which is Yoga.
• Explore the Deeper Practices of Yoga
Learn pranayama, mudras, bandhas, chakras, meditation, Yoga nidra, and hands-on healing, in order to expand your horizons of Yoga teaching.